Maria Typhoon strikes Taiwan today (10th July). I am very fortunate to complete the PMI-RMP exam before the exam center is closed. In nearly four months, I finally achieved the goal of learning for this year to pass these exams, PMI-ACP, PMI-PBA, CISSP and PMI-RMP.
The PMI-RMP exam took a total of 80 hours: 50 hours for the e-learning course and extra 30 hours for study and preparation for the exam.
Basically, PMI-RMP is an advanced version of PMI-PMP, so it’s a must to review the exam contents of PMI-PMP and strengthen the knowledge area of risk management.
The following is my use of the textbook:
- PMI-RMP Certification ExamPrep Course from Advanced Business Consulting Inc.
- Practice Standard for Project Risk Management (2009 edition, a bit old; but this is an important reading of the exam)
- PMBOK Guide – Fifth Edition
- PMBOK Guide – Sixth Edition
- PMI-RMP Exam Prep Study Guide by Belinda Fremouw
For the purpose of taking the PMI-RMP (Exam Outline for 2015), the above textbooks should be quite adequate.
Frankly, I was very hard at the beginning of the preparation of RMP. Fortunately, teacher Roger introduced Dr. David Hillson in the course, and finally I found a bright light to get started.
The following information from Dr. Hillson is very helpful to me personally. It is highly recommended to study:
- His conference papers published by PMI (about 25 articles)
- YouTube’s RiskDoctorVideo channel (especially the ones that explain the RaRa Model)
- The Risk Management Handbook: A Practical Guide to Managing the Multiple Dimensions of Risk (ISBN-10: 0749478829)
Special thanks to Luke Ahmed and the Facebook Group: CISSP Exam Preparation – Study Notes and Theory.
After a prolonged 2-month journey that takes 250 hours in 45 effective study days, I finally cleared the CISSP exam today. Thanks to the new CAT examination with 100 questions in 3 hours, the threshold to obtaining CISSP is lowered to a reasonable level, even though it is still quite challenging.
Now, the CISSP exam is reasonably challenging. I wish you the best to clear it ASAP.
The following resources are helpful to me:
- TOOLS: when in doubt, google it, wiki it, and watch it!!!!!
- Sample Questions
PS. I am sorry to let you know that I’ve attended the official CISSP classroom-based training in Taipei and it’s a total waste of money and disappointing. The text for this class from ISC2 is just a bunch of slides with terribly poor quality and the instructor, from my point of view, is not prepared and qualified for this class either.
With a 60-hour exam-prep course and after 2 weeks or 20 hours of study or so, I passed the exam of PMI Professional in Business Analysis.
The primary materials:
- PMI-PBA Certification ExamPrep Course from Advanced Business Consulting Inc.
- The PMI Guide to Business Analysis
- Business Analysis for Practitioners: A Practice Guide
- PMBOK Guide – Sixth Edition
- RMC PMI-PBA Exam Prep: Premier Edition
- Pluralsight PBA Courses
And the following materials relevant to strategy execution :
- Organizational Project Management Maturity Model (OPM3)
- The Standard for Portfolio Management
- The Standard for Program Management
The six steps that comprise the RMF include:
- System Categorization;
- Security Control Selection;
- Security Control Implementation;
- Security Control Assessment;
- System Authorization; and
- Security Control Monitoring