Cybersecurity is more crucial to the Taiwanese, who have a shared destiny than others because they face various foreign threats and international challenges. As a Taiwanese, Wentz Wu has a vision that “Taiwan needs 1500 quality CISSPs” and transformed the business in 2018 from infrastructure implementation, software development, and business consulting to cybersecurity education and training, mainly focusing on CISSP. His vision and strategic move align with Taiwan’s national cybersecurity strategy, “Cybersecurity as National Security” and the (ISC)² mission and vision of inspiring a safe and secure cyber world.
His intent to protect Taiwan from cyber threats relies on the strategy to boost the “number” and “quality” of CISSPs. He is committed to the following missions:
- promoting security awareness,
- developing quality workforces,
- inspiring professionals to give back,
- advancing the profession,
- connecting local communities to international society,
- protecting his country, and
- defending freedom and democracy.
The strategy formulated to achieve those committed missions and fulfill the vision comprises the following major strategic initiatives:
- WUSON Information Security Essentials – A Cybersecurity Conceptual Model (WISE Model),
- WUSON Private School (a school to promote CISSP and cybersecurity),
- WUSON Coaches (a non-profit organization of volunteer CISSP coaches),
- Effective Security (a program to promote effectiveness and cybersecurity),
- Elite Round Table in Taiwan (a webinar to share knowledge),
- Wentz’s Powerful Inquiry Coaching Session (PICS, a coaching program for CISSP aspirants),
- Social Media (a networking and branding program), and
- Global Connections (an internationalization program).
WUSON is an abbreviation that means the son of Wu’s family in memory of Wentz Wu’s beloved parents. The initiatives above are also known as the WUSON family or WUSON for short.
Wentz Wu is the co-founder of Amicliens Service Technology, creator of the WISE Model, Chief CISSP Trainer of WUSON Private School, founder of WUSON Coaches, author of three books, host of the Elite Round Table in Taiwan webinar, sponsor of the Effective Security, Social Media, and Global Connections programs.
He has worked in IT and Cybersecurity for over 20 years and received an EMBA from Troy University. He is proficient in several areas, such as business analysis, risk management, agile project management, information technologies, software engineering, and cybersecurity. He aims to apply his expertise to solve business problems, protect his country, and defend human rights.
His publications, certifications, and courses completed are listed as follows:
Wentz Wu lives in Taipei with his wife and a little kitty and loves reading.
- Project Management
- Product Development
- Security Governance
- Security Management
- CISSP, Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- CISSP-ISSEP, Information Systems Security Engineering Professional
- CISSP-ISSAP, Information Systems Security Architecture Professional
- CISSP-ISSMP, Information Systems Security Management Professional
- CCSP, Certified Cloud Security Professional
- CSSLP, Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional
- Security Technologies
- Information Technologies
- AWS-CSAA, AWS Certified Solution Architect – Associate
- MCSD, Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer on App Builder
- MCSD, Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer on VB6 (LEGACY)
- MCDBA, Microsoft Certified Database Administrator on SQL 2000 (LEGACY)
- MCSE, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer on Win 2000 (LEGACY)
- MCSE, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer on NT4 (LEGACY)
- MCP, Microsoft Certified Professional Since 1998
- ISO 27001 Lead Auditor
- ISO 27701 Lead Auditor
- The Effective CISSP: Security and Risk Management
- The Effective CISSP: Practice Questions
- The Effective CISSP: Practice Questions (Chinese version)
- Introduction to InfoSec Governance (Chinese online course)
Chinese Profile: https://wentzwu.com/wentz-wu-cissp/