- The Strategic Role of CISSP
- CISSP Domains of Knowledge
- Amicliens InfoSec Conceptual Model
- CISSP Exam Preparation Strategy
- CISSP Exam Preparation Materials
- The Effective CISSP Series
- CISSP Starter Resources Kit
- CISSP Practice Question Offerings
- CISSP Communities
- Other CISSP Resources
1. The Strategic Role of CISSP
2. CISSP Domains of Knowledge
CISSP is one of the most challenging exams ever because of its comprehensive perspectives and requirements of solid conceptual level understanding and in-depth insights into managerial and technical issues.
- Think Like a Manager!
It’s comprehensive, and you have to think from a variety of perspectives, such as board director, senior management, CISO, auditor, legal counsel, purchasing and HR staff, engineer, developer, project and program manager, end-user, attacker, and so forth. Experience or certifications of PMP, ITIL/ITSM, or CCNA help quite a bit.
- But You Need to Know Technologies!
The CISSP exam, from my point of view, can be divided into two parts: management (Domain 1, 2, 5, 6, and 7) and technology (Domain 3, 4, and 8). It’s a body of knowledge, not a collection of discrete knowledge points.
3. Amicliens InfoSec Conceptual Model
4. CISSP Exam Preparation Strategy
The critical success factors of CISSP are the effectiveness of your study plan, persistence, discipline, and communication with and support from your family and boss.
Exam Preparation Tips
5. CISSP Exam Preparation Materials
- To start your CISSP journey, please download The CISSP Exam Outline first. Read and explain it to your friends until you can do that well and feel confident.
- The Effective CISSP: Security and Risk Management is a CISSP starter book as a supplement to the official and other study guides. It helps you build a solid foundation for information security and risk management.
- The Sybex CISSP Official Study Guide (OSG) 8th is a tutorial to help you understand the CISSP exam outline.
- The Official ISC2 Guide to the CISSP CBK Reference 5th, also known as CBK, explains the CISSP exam outline in detail. When in doubt, refer to the CBK.
- It’s crucial to browse the CBK suggested references, the NIST Special Publications, and CISSP notes.
6. The Effective CISSP Series
My book, The Effective CISSP: Security and Risk Management, helps CISSP aspirants build a solid conceptual security model. It is not only a tutorial for information security but also a study guide for the CISSP exam and an informative reference for security professionals. Please visit Wentz’s Publications for details.
7. CISSP Starter Resource Kit
- The Effective CISSP: Security and Risk Management (Starter/Orientation)
- (ISC)2 CISSP Official Study Guide, 8th Edition (OSG) (Primary Source)
The following are optional materials:
- CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide, 8th Edition (AIO) (Secondary Source)
- The Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK Reference, 5th Edition (CBK) (When in doubt)
- (ISC)² Certification Webcasts
- Kelly Handerhan@Cybrary
- CISSP Shon Harris
- CISSP Domain 2 Review by Destination Certification
- Sunflower CISSP™ 2019 PDF Document by Frankrijker, Reina & Warnock
- CISSP Process Guide V.21, 2020 by Fadi Sodah (aka Madunix)
- Memory Palace CISSP Notes by Prashant Mohand
- Lance’s CISSP Notes
8. CISSP Practice Question Offerings
Kindle Books and Paperback
I suggest doing practice questions in the following order:
- CISSP Official (ISC)2 Practice Tests
- How To Think Like A Manager for the CISSP Exam (Kindle)
- The Effective CISSP: Practice Questions (CISSP Sudoku 365)
QOTD (Question Of The Day)
9. CISSP Communities
The Effective CISSP Groups
- The Effective CISSP Group Rules
- The Effective CISSP Group on Facebook
- The Effective CISSP Group on Telegram
- The Effective CISSP Channel on YouTube
- The Effective CISSP
- CISSP Exam Preparation – Study Notes and Theory
- CISSP, CISM and PMP certification training by Thor Teaches!
- Information Audit