Maria Typhoon strikes Taiwan today (10th July). I am very fortunate to complete the PMI-RMP exam before the exam center is closed. In nearly four months, I finally achieved the goal of learning for this year to pass these exams, PMI-ACP, PMI-PBA, CISSP and PMI-RMP.
The PMI-RMP exam took a total of 80 hours: 50 hours for the e-learning course and extra 30 hours for study and preparation for the exam.
Basically, PMI-RMP is an advanced version of PMI-PMP, so it’s a must to review the exam contents of PMI-PMP and strengthen the knowledge area of risk management.
The following is the materials I used:
- PMI-RMP Certification ExamPrep Course from Advanced Business Consulting Inc.
- Practice Standard for Project Risk Management (2009 edition, a bit old; but this is an important reading of the exam)
- PMBOK Guide – Fifth Edition
- PMBOK Guide – Sixth Edition
- PMI-RMP Exam Prep Study Guide by Belinda Fremouw
For the purpose of taking the PMI-RMP (Exam Outline for 2015), the above textbooks should be quite adequate.
Frankly, I was very hard at the beginning of the preparation of RMP. Fortunately, teacher Roger introduced Dr. David Hillson in the course, and finally I found a bright light to get started.
The following information from Dr. Hillson is very helpful to me personally. It is highly recommended to study:
- His conference papers published by PMI (about 25 articles)
- YouTube’s RiskDoctorVideo channel (especially the ones that explain the RaRa Model)
- The Risk Management Handbook: A Practical Guide to Managing the Multiple Dimensions of Risk (ISBN-10: 0749478829)
Pingback: 我的ISACA考試經驗分享–吳文智 - Wentz Wu