“Purpose” is the reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists. (Google Dictionary)
Mission and Vision
- An organization doesn’t exist for no reason. It is founded for purposes and tasked with missions. Its vision coined by leaders motivates people who conduct activities directed by objectives and measured against metrics and indicators to create value, achieve (strategic) goals, and fulfill the vision and missions.
- Business refers to the collection of activities that create value. It is driven by the internal and external context of an organization that imposes conditions and constraints and stakeholders who express expectations, needs, and requirements.
- A goal is the statement of the desired outcome.
- A well-developed goal meets the SMART criteria.
- Success is the result of achieving the goal.
- Management is a systematic approach (e.g., PDCA) to achieve goals.
- The PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) cycle is one of the most well-known management approaches.