Management is a systematic approach to achieve the goal.
- A goal is the statement of the desired outcome.
- A well-developed goal meets the SMART criteria.
- The PDCA cycle is one of the most common approaches to achieve the goal.
- Success is the result of achieving the goal.
- A specific goal can be described with a statement of success supported by CSFs, critical success factors.
- A measurable goal can be divided into a set of objectives defined by metrics and KPIs, key performance indicators.
- An achievable goal should be with reasonable targets regarding metrics or KPIs.
- A realistic goal takes resources and constraints into considerations.
- A timely goal has a deadline.