Software-defined networking (SDN) attempts to provide more flexibility and easy troubleshooting in networks to cope with business dynamics. Which of the following is correct? (Wentz QOTD)
A. SDN can address both ISO OSI layer two and layer three concerns
B. OpenFlow provides the southbound interface for management commands
C. OpenStack provides the northbound interface for controls over devices
D. SDN turns devices on the data plane into virtualization workloads
Kindly be reminded that the suggested answer is for your reference only. It doesn’t matter whether you have the right or wrong answer. What really matters is your reasoning process and justifications.
My suggested answer is A. SDN can address both ISO OSI layer two and layer three concerns.
Wentz’s book, The Effective CISSP: Security and Risk Management, helps CISSP and CISM aspirants build a solid conceptual security model. It is a tutorial for information security and a supplement to the official study guides for the CISSP and CISM exams and an informative reference for security professionals.
- SDN can address both ISO OSI layer two and layer three concerns. e.g., spanning tree protocol to avoid bridge loops and OSPF for routing.
- OpenFlow can provide both the northbound interface to the management/application plane for management commands and the southbound interface for controls over devices.
- OpenStack is a free cloud computing platform typically deployed as infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS). It comprises a collection of open standard components and may provide the northbound interface for management commands.
- SDN separates data and data processing logic into the data plane and control plane, while NFV (network function virtualization) turns devices into software-based virtualization workloads.
- The basics of SDN and the OpenFlow Network Architecture
- SDN vs. OpenFlow vs. OpenStack: What’s the Difference?
- Software-Defined Networking Using OpenFlow: Protocols, Applications and Architectural Design Choices
- Software Defined Networking (SDN): The Big Picture
- Spanning tree
軟件定義網絡 (SDN) 試圖在網絡中提供更大的靈活性和更容易的故障排除，以應對業務動態。 以下哪個是正確的？ (Wentz QOTD)
A. SDN 可以解決 ISO OSI 第二層和第三層問題
B. OpenFlow 提供管理命令的南向接口
D. SDN 將數據平面上的設備轉變為虛擬化工作負載