- Project management is one of the most fundamental activities in organizations. Projects, as part of programs and portfolios, are core constituent elements of strategy. Project results are transferred to operations for persistent value creation to fulfill the strategy.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® is a certification of project management from the Project Management Institute (PMI). The new PMP exam outline, which takes effect on Jan 2, 2021, covers people, processes, and the business environment and incorporates the Agile mindset and various life cycles.
- PMP is a must-have for knowledge workers. It substantially helps a lot in your job, and the exam is challenging.
- Agile is a buzzword and also a big hit! It’s a mindset of value delivery fulfilled by a collection of principles and practices. The Manifesto for Agile Software Development is the first artifact articulating the Agile values and principles. Scrum, as a framework, is one of the most well-known Agile practices.
- Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP) is an Agile certification from PMI. It elaborates Agile nicely and comprehensively. It’s a great upgrade path for project managers to revamp the plan-driven mindset with one of the iterative and value-increment life cycles.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®) is a business analysis certification from the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA), headquartered in Canada.
- It’s pretty tough, but I love it. The certification name suggests it’s about “business analysis,” but in my view, it’s more suitable for candidates with a software or system engineering background.
- PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)® is a competing certification to CBAP.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is a security certification from the International Information System Security Certification Consortium, better known as (ISC)².
- The CISSP exam is comprehensive and challenging, but achievable. I love it very much because it serves as a starting point to learn more and dig in depth. It urges me to learn more about GRC (governance, risk management, and compliance), the organization of the government and legal systems, security and engineering theories, industrial practices and products, business processes, operations, strategies, and so forth.
- CISSP is undoubtedly a must-have for security professionals.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate is a certification from Amazon. It’s suitable for seasoned professionals who have a software background because cloud solutions, in essence, are software solutions. If you come from an IT or Network background, it can be quite challenging or tough.
- AWS-CSAA is one of the few vendor-based certifications that I am happy to recommend. As a solution architect, you need to address security, performance, operations, reliability, and cost optimization issues.
This post is translated into Chinese: 我最喜歡的五個認證