As a CISO, which of the following is your most significant responsibility?
A. Classify information assets
B. Position and integrate security function
C. Conduct security audits to ensure compliance
D. Conduct business impact analysis to determine maximum tolerable downtime
Kindly be reminded that the suggested answer is for your reference only. It doesn’t matter whether you have the right or wrong answer. What really matters is your reasoning process and justifications.
My suggested answer is B. Position and integrate security function.
- The CISO should position the security function properly, e.g., the reporting line and roles & responsibilities, and integrate security into business functions and processes.
- Data owners classify information assets.
- Auditors conduct security audits to ensure compliance.
- Business people are the best candidates to conduct business impact analysis and determine maximum tolerable downtime because they know the business the most.
A BLUEPRINT FOR YOUR SUCCESS IN CISSP
My new book, The Effective CISSP: Security and Risk Management, helps CISSP aspirants build a solid conceptual security model. It is not only a tutorial for information security but also a study guide for the CISSP exam and an informative reference for security professionals.
- It is available on Amazon.
- Readers from countries or regions not supported by Amazon can get your copy from the author’s web site.
B. 定位及整合安全功能(security function)