Which of the following is the most popular cryptographic hash function used in the blockchain or cryptocurrency? (Source: Wentz QOTD)
A. AES 256
Kindly be reminded that the suggested answer is for your reference only. It doesn’t matter whether you have the right or wrong answer. What really matters is your reasoning process and justifications.
My suggested answer is B. SHA-256.
- SHA-256 is the most popular hash function used in cryptocurrencies.
- BLAKE2 is a hash function but not commonly used in cryptocurrencies.
- AES 256 is a symmetric cipher.
- BITCOIN-160 is a distractor.
Common Hash Functions
- The Difference Between Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple & Litecoin
- Bitcoin Hash Functions Explained Simply !!
- CRYPTOCURRENCY HASH AND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SHA AND SCRYPT
- What Is Hashing? [Step-by-Step Guide-Under Hood Of Blockchain]
- What Is SHA-256 And How Is It Related to Bitcoin?
- Hashing Algorithms, The Brain of Blockchain(SHA-256, SHA-512 and more)
A BLUEPRINT FOR YOUR SUCCESS IN CISSP
My new book, The Effective CISSP: Security and Risk Management, helps CISSP aspirants build a solid conceptual security model. It is not only a tutorial for information security but also a study guide for the CISSP exam and informative reference for security professionals.
- It is available on Amazon.
- Readers from countries or regions not supported by Amazon can get your copy from the author’s web site.