Your company decides to sell toys online and ships globally. The in-house team and an outsourced team are collaborating to develop the online shopping website. The outsourced team is requesting customer data for software testing. The customer data are hashed, then masked with a star (*) symbol to prevent disclosing information about the subject to protect privacy. Which of the following best describes the de-identification technique?
C. Deprivacy digesting
Kindly be reminded that the suggested answer is for your reference only. It doesn’t matter whether you have the right or wrong answer. What really matters is your reasoning process and justifications.
My suggested answer is D. Pseudonymization.
Pseudonymized data can be restored to its original state with the addition of information which then allows individuals to be re-identified, while anonymized data can never be restored to its original state.
- Hash or Token/Pseudonym can be attached to the original data for re-identification.
- Scrambling is one form of anonymization.
- Deprivacy digesting is a distractor.
- Pseudonymization vs. Anonymization and How They Help With GDPR
- CHALLENGES WITH CLONING, SCRAMBLING AND ANONYMIZING EMPLOYEE DATA IN SAP-HR – PART 2