- Be aware that CISSP is a US-based certification compliant with the NIST RMF (NIST SP 800 matters).
- It helps to get some idea of the US government systems.
- Do read FIPS 199 + NISP SP 800-60 V1&2 R1 and FIPS 200 + NISP SP 800-53 R4
- Know how things work; you don’t need to have them work.
- Think like a CISO. (Strategies, Initiatives, Policies, Security & Risk, Compliance, and Technologies)
- Build a conceptual model before you dive into study mode.
- Understand the CISSP exam outline inside out
- The CISSP exam is a fair assessment; be confident, trust what you have learned, and answer what you know.