Figure 1: The scope of data governance. Source: Guide to the Data Management Body of Knowledge (1st Edition) from the Data Management Association. Used by permission. (http://www.dama-dmbok.org/)
- Data governance improves data quality to be compliant with regulations.
- The core concept of governance is senior management’s awareness, accountability, and commitment.
- Data governance starts with strategy, policy, and program.
- Sound data governance discovers business opportunities from data.
- People: Roles & Responsibilities (Data owner, Steward, and Custodian)
- Processes: PDCA
- Technology: Architecture, Master Data, ETL, Metadata, Datawarehouse, and Reporting and Analytic Applications