You have provisionally passed the CISSP exam and exercise your due diligence reviewing the (ISC)² Code Of Ethics. Which of the following is correct? (Wentz QOTD)
A. Complaints in the form of a sworn affidavit will not be considered.
B. A jury of peer CISSPs is established on a project basis to hear ethics complaints.
C. Complaints without specifying the violated canon of the Code of Ethics will be considered.
D. Complaints will be accepted only from those who claim to be injured by the alleged behavior.
Kindly be reminded that the suggested answer is for your reference only. It doesn’t matter whether you have the right or wrong answer. What really matters is your reasoning process and justifications.
My suggested answer is D. Complaints will be accepted only from those who claim to be injured by the alleged behavior.
Code of Ethics Canons
- Protect society, the common good, necessary public trust and confidence, and the infrastructure.
- Act honorably, honestly, justly, responsibly, and legally.
- Provide diligent and competent service to principals.
- Advance and protect the profession.
Ethics Complaint Procedures
The following is an excerpt from (ISC)² Code Of Ethics:
- The Ethics Committee is established by the Board of Directors to hear all ethics complaints and make recommendations to the board.
- The committee will consider only complaints that specify the canon of our (ISC)² Code of Ethics that has been violated.
- While any member of the public may complain about a breach of Canons I or II, only principals (those with an employer/contractor relationship with the certificate holder) may complain about violations of Canons III, and only other professionals (those who are certified or licensed as a professional AND also subscribe to a code of ethics) may complain about violations of Canon IV.
- Complaints will be accepted only from those who claim to be injured by the alleged behavior.
- All complaints must be in writing. Complaints must be in the form of a sworn affidavit. The committee will not consider allegations in any other form.
- Where a prima facie case has been made, the Ethics Committee will review and tender a recommendation to the board.
- (ISC)² Code Of Ethics
- (ISC)² Events Code of Conduct
- Are You Ethical Enough to Be a CISSP?
- An Introduction to Cybersecurity Ethics
- Ethics for Incident Response and Security Teams
- The Common Good
- What Is a Jury of Peers?
- Creating a Code of Ethics for Your Organization
- Surna Inc. CODE OF BUSINESS CONDUCT AND ETHICS
- 3 Ethical Dilemma for Information Security Professionals
- Tough Challenges in Cybersecurity Ethics
A BLUEPRINT FOR YOUR SUCCESS IN CISSP
My new book, The Effective CISSP: Security and Risk Management, helps CISSP aspirants build a solid conceptual security model. It is not only a tutorial for information security but also a study guide for the CISSP exam and an informative reference for security professionals.
- It is available on Amazon.
- Readers from countries or regions not supported by Amazon can get your copy from the author’s web site.
您已臨時通過CISSP考試，並力行盡職調查以檢視(ISC)²道德規範。 以下哪項是正確的？ (Wentz QOTD)
A. 以宣誓的證詞(sworn affidavit)形式的投訴將不予考慮。