You are participating in a project designing and implementing the company network for a startup. As a security professional, which of the following is the least concern in terms of the Network layer?
A. Teardrop attack
B. Smurf attack
C. Route poisoning
D. Fraggle attack
Kindly be reminded that the suggested answer is for your reference only. It doesn’t matter whether you have the right or wrong answer. What really matters is your reasoning process and justifications.
My suggested answer is D. Fraggle attack.
- The Teardrop attack is a DoS attack that uses IP fragmentation. (Layer 3)
- The Smurf attack is a DoS attack that uses the ICMP protocol. (Layer 3)
- Route poisoning is a method to prevent a router from sending packets through a route that has become invalid within computer networks. (Layer 3)
- The Fraggle attack is a denial-of-service (DoS) attack that involves sending a large amount of spoofed UDP traffic to a router’s broadcast address within a network. (Layer 4)
A BLUEPRINT FOR YOUR SUCCESS IN CISSP
My new book, The Effective CISSP: Security and Risk Management, helps CISSP aspirants build a solid conceptual security model. It is not only a tutorial for information security but also a study guide for the CISSP exam and informative reference for security professionals.
- It is available on Amazon.
- Readers from countries or regions not supported by Amazon can get your copy from the author’s web site.